1,000 Books B4 Kindergarten
AN INITIATIVE OF GEORGIA'S PUBLIC LIBRARIES
BROUGHT TO YOU BY MIDDLE GEORGIA REGIONAL LIBRARY SYSTEM
Reading Magic by Mem Fox reveals the incredible emotional and intellectual impact reading aloud to children has on their ability to learn to read. Research shows that reading books and sharing stories with your child is one of the best ways to help them enter school with the language skills they need to be ready to learn and grow.
What is 1,000 Books B4 Kindergarten?
You are encouraged to read and share books, stories, nursery rhymes and songs with your child. Each of these counts towards your child's 1,000 "books". For every 100 books read your child will earn rewards.
Pick up your 1,000 Books B4 Kindergarten reading log at any Middle Georgia Regional Library Location. We host recurring lap-sit story-time programs and special 1,000 Books B4K events for children and families. Stories shared during these events can be added to your logs! You can also record the books you read online by simply going to: http://b4.georgialibraries.org/
How do I participate?Beanstack is an online platform that allows you to conveniently track your child's reading progress, discover recommended books, and unlock exciting rewards along the way. Here's how it works:
- Visit our dedicated Beanstack page to register yourself as a parent or guardian. It's quick and easy.
- After registering, create a profile for your child. This will serve as their reading log, where you can keep track of the books they read.
- Whenever you and your child read a book together, log the activity on Beanstacks. You can enter the title of the book, the date it was read, and any additional notes.
- As your child reaches significant reading milestones, such as 100, 500, and 1,000 books, Beanstacks & MGRL will help you celebrate these achievements. You'll receive digital badges and other fun incentives to applaud your child's progress.
- Explore different genres, discover new authors, and find captivating stories that will spark your child's imagination. Beanstack offers a vast collection of age-appropriate book recommendations for young readers.
Our 1,000 B4K Goals
Since we're in this together, our shared goals are:
- To learn, discover, grow and have fun!
- 1KB4K: Complete 5,000 reading logs. If 1,000 children complete 5 reading logs each, that will be 5,000 reading logs and 1,000 children entering Kindergarten prepared to have greater success in school!
- Encourage family and friends to join in!
1,000 Books B4K Community Services and Programs
- MGRL Book Deposits at family and child-oriented organizations throughout the Central
- Increased programming at all MGRL libraries for children, particularly for ages birth to 5 and their parents or caregivers. Stories shared at these programs will count towards your child's 1,000 books.