Library cards are free to all residents of Georgia. If you attend school, own property, or are employed in Georgia, you are eligible for a free PINES card, valid at over 275 participating libraries in Georgia. Out-of-state library cards may be issued for a $25 annual fee or $12.50 for six months. Bring a government-issued photo ID and something bearing your name & current address (mail, lease, check stub, etc.) to the library. If you have already had a PINES card, replacements are $2.00.
Parents or guardians of children under the age of 18 must accompany their child when applying for a card. The parent must sign their child’s card and present proper identification.
A library card is required in order to check out materials.
- First Reminder: 7 days past the due date
- Second Reminder: 14 days past the due date
- Mailed bill for replacing book: 30 days past the due date
Patron Conduct & Responsibilities
The Middle Georgia Regional Library’s mission is to improve and enhance the educational, the cultural, and the recreational life of the community. The Library Board of Trustees has established Rules of Patron Conduct and Responsibilities so that library users and staff have a clean, pleasant, and safe environment. We need your cooperation to reach this goal.
The following are prohibited at all Middle Georgia Regional Libraries:
- Engaging in any activity that would violate local, state, or federal criminal law, ordinance, or regulation
- Activities or behavior that may result in damage/theft of library property
- Animals, except for guide and service dogs
- Loud or disruptive noises or behavior
- Use of tobacco products, alcohol, or illegal drugs
- Food or drinks
- Rudeness, sexual misconduct, obscenities, or harassment
- Sleeping or bathing
- Not wearing shirt or shoes
- Posting/distributing unauthorized materials
- Entering unauthorized areas or being in the library during closed hours
- Leaving a child under 13 years of age unattended by an adult 18 years of age or over
Library personnel may ask persons who are exhibiting inappropriate behavior to modify their behavior. Noncompliance with the Library’s Patron Conduct and Responsibilities may result in an individual being required to leave the library premises or in arrest and prosecution for criminal trespass pursuant to the Official Code of Georgia 16-7-21.